Sponsored by Career & Leadership for MBA & Alumni, with support from both UBP and MAC Career Services, we are pleased to offer this free resource to all UNC Kenan-Flagler students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
Our subscription delivers full digital access to all 46 regional Business Journals including Raleigh/Durham, Charlotte, Austin, Silicon Valley and 42 more. The 46 regional Business Journal typically provide daily business news across 20 industries. 40 of the regional journals also have Weekly Editions for more news. 40 of the regional journals have “Books of Lists” highlighting the top companies in each market and much more!
This 4-minute video shares insights into what the Business Journals offer and how to navigate the site: https://promo.bizjournals.com/officepass/demo/.
The Business Journals equip you to:
- Keep up to date with local and national business developments.
- Uncover possible career opportunities by offering insights on who is doing a lot of hiring, recently vacated roles, etc.
- Research companies and industries for job search and interview prep.
- Identify the top companies in your targeted areas.
- Discover the companies rated the Best Places to Work in each city.
- Identify the movers and shakers in specific cities and industries through articles and opinion pieces.
- Conduct business intelligence to support your business-development efforts.
Click the following link to “Create Your Free Membership” or “Sign In” if you already have a Business Journal account: https://www.bizjournals.com/register/bizjournals?r=%2F.
Current Kenan-Flagler Students | Faculty | Staff: Must use your @kenan-flagler.unc.edu email address to register.
Kenan-Flagler Alumni: Must have an @alumni.unc.edu email address to register. If you are a Kenan-Flagler Alumni and do not have a @alumni.unc.edu email address, the UNC General Alumni Association will provide one free and you do not need to be a GAA member. To obtain an email, visit: https://alumni.unc.edu/resources/register-for-email-account/.
Once an account is established you will not need to not return to the Kenan-Flagler Research Tools & Library Resources webpage to access the resource. Simply bookmark https://www.bizjournals.com/ and navigate to the cities of your choice.
UNC Kenan-Flagler users onlyhttps://www.bizjournals.com/register/bizjournals?r=%2F.